With the probable addition of 0g drifting, I expect the TB will be much more popular (and not only because drift-stabbing sounds awesome ).
However, at the moment it can be difficult to use the alt-fire. These are mostly suggestions to increase player-friendliness of the teleport.
To successfully dodge non-rocket incoming fire, you need to employ frequent, short teleports. When juking, chasing etc. you don't want to have to look in the direction of your (for lack of a better/official term) teleball, moreso because your sticky bomb requires aiming.
As-is, the alt-fire appears to work as follows:
Upon pressing alt-fire, a teleball is released in the direction you are looking.
1) If you release alt-fire too soon (less than ~.3s), the teleport fails and you need to wait for it to recharge.
2) The teleball travels up to a set time/distance (which?), and any time during this phase you can release alt-fire to teleport..
2.5) Unless: The teleball collides with an object, in which case it breaks, and you need to wait for the recharge. There is no breaking sound in this case.
3) At the maximum time/distance, the teleball breaks (with sound effect), but you can still teleport if you release alt-fire shortly after the breaking sound effect. Note that this is not possible in phase 2.5!
- Add charging sound to recharge phase
- Color teleball differently in stage 1
- Change back to blue during stage 2, perhaps with an auditory cue
- Add breaking sound to 2.5.
Alternatively, releasing during stage 1 could automatically teleport you as soon as it is possible to do so.
Additionally, teleport behavior in 2.5 and 3 should be the same (possible edge case: if you hit an object during the .3s no-teleport phase..?)